We have tickets for Hamlet and we should really be happy but they are not exactly pole position. Can we be disappointed?
whatifimacrowdeddesert said: HEYYY! Please send 10 facts about yourself! Then send this to 10 of your favourite followers so you get to know them better. Thank you!
Thanks Leah <3, Here are my ten facts, I am sure you do not have a clue about ;-)
1) When I was a teenager, my life only revolved around the performing arts (classical ballet and singing). Today it revolves around missed life chances :-)
2) I genuinely love reading but never feel like I have enough time for it or that I am doing it enough. I adore Victorian novels (especially Eliot and Collins) but I will also always turn to American classics, Margaret Atwood, Thomas Mann, and… Harry Potter J Also, I love being read to and I love reading to people.
3) Seeing something extremely cute reduces me to tears.
4) I am obsessed with the preservation of memories and have yet to find the best way of keeping a life journal that I can turn to in order to recall my past when I am old. I have tried old-fashioned handwritten journals, electronic versions, and am currently experimenting with a video diary but I have yet to find the best way of combining visuals, videos, and writing.
5) I drive a BMW 316 Compact, which is always so dirty that I am embarrassed taking people along in it. Apparently though, I am not embarrassed enough to just clean it more frequently.
6) Leah (from the blog above) and me must have that cottage in England one day. I have never had a friend to whom I felt so connected and even though we both have experienced a few shipwrecked friendships (like everyone else on this planet, I dare assume), I hope that wherever life takes us, we will last, and that we will still be sipping gin tonics, traveling and going to star restaurants together when we are grey and old.
7) Both in English and German, I have great trouble with commas (I guess I should mention at this point that I am a teacher) but at least I am paying attention to the Oxford comma (most of the time at least).
8) There is a number of skills I yet need to perfect in this life: improving my Arabic, playing the piano well enough so that I can accompany myself when singing, taking great DSLR pictures, and be a better cook, just to name a fine selection.
9) I am kind of learned in Islamic theology and I wish I could be religious.
10) I am hopelessly attracted to highly educated men. In terms of celebrities, it’s Ralph Fiennes for me, please. Also: age gap.
If you see this somewhere on my blog, this means I am NOT a 4Channer.
If I start posting gore and porn, THAT IS NOT ME. I HAVE BEEN HACKED.
If you want to reblog this, take a screenshot of it on your blog so that you have solid proof.